Site updates - Homepage Links and Data Browser UI
Published 13 October 2015
The FaceBase Hub is happy to announce an updated version of the FaceBase website and data services. We are regularly incorporating user feedback on the site and continually working to improve it. Recent changes include:
- New links from the home page directly to specific subsets of the data in order to help you find data of interest;
- Bookmark-able links when searching and browsing that data, which you can share with colleagues or bookmark for later use;
- This also means that when logging in, the current state of your search experience will be preserved during your session;
- The search and browse sidebar is now open/expanded by default on the right hand side of the data browser to simplify navigation over the data;
- Datasets are now annotated with an additional field to identify the Experiment Type of the study;
- And a variety of data cleaning and usability improvements to make the site easier to use.
This is an ongoing process and we will be rolling out further enhancements on a regular basis. We welcome your feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
— The FaceBase Hub