Comprehensive data and resources for craniofacial researchers
What is FaceBase?
FaceBase is a collaborative NIDCR-funded consortium generating data in support of advancing research into craniofacial development and malformation. Members of the consortium contribute large datasets of a variety of types and make them available to the wider research community via this website. high-throughput genetic, molecular, biological, imaging and computational techniques. Click to read all FAQs.
- Click here or in the menu click Data then Data Browser. Then click the Filter button to open a sidebar of fields you may use to refine the data results. You can filter by investigator, data type, mouse age stage, mouse mutation, genotype, gene, chromosome and organism.
- Use the UCSC Genome Browser to view the FaceBase Custom Track data.
- Use the Gene Expression Omnibus to view FaceBase expression data sets.
FaceBase Data fits into one of two broad categories: open and restricted access.
Open access is available on the FaceBase website to any interested user and does not require any formal registration. Open-access data is limited to summary-level human data (ex: averaged facial measures), and all non-human data.
Restricted access includes all individual-level human data (ex: demographic descriptors, phenotypic measures, 3D images) and requires the requestor to complete and submit the Data Access Request form as described in How do I request access to restricted human data?
Due to constraints as we're developing the new data model, we are not accepting outside contributions at this time.
- Complete the FaceBase Data Use Certification Agreement.
- Complete the Data Access Request (DAR) document, and an IRB approval from your institution.
- Submit the Data Use Certification Agreement, DAR, and the IRB approval to the NIH Data Access Committee at dac AT facebase.org
You shall receive an answer from the Data Access Committee within 4-6 weeks
- Once your request is processed, you are notified via email that your user account is approved for human dataset downloads. Note that this permission to download human data expires 180 days after the date of approval.
If you have any questions regarding this process or need help with downloads please contact the FaceBase Help Desk via email: help AT facebase.org.