FaceBase 2022 Community Forum on June 14th
You can find publicly available slides and webcasts from the Forum here!
Winners of the 2022 Poster Competition!
The following poster presenters received the top three scores for the posters presented at the 2022 FaceBase Community Forum. Congratulations and your high-quality work!
First place score was a three-way tie:
- Ching-Fang Chang (Cincinnati Children's Hospital), "Alleviation of Ciliopathic Craniofacial Anomalies by Disrupting Sufu-Gli Interaction"
- Junjun Jing (USC), "Spatiotemporal Single-cell Atlas Reveals Cell Lineage Diversification During Tooth Morphogenesis"
- Tiange Qu (UCSF), "Deconstructing Calcineurin/NFAT Signaling in Species with Distinct Midfacial Outgrowth"
Second place score was a two-way tie:
- Brandon Chacon (UCSF), "Midface Epithelium scRNAseq Reveals Spatiotemporal Dynamics in Cleft Lip/Palate Model"
- Viviana Hermosilla Aguayo (UCSF), "Tissue-specific Roles of ESCRT Machinery Component VPS25 in Craniofacial Morphogenesis"
Third place score was a three-way tie:
- Azeez Alade (Iowa Institute for Oral Health Research), "Shared Genetic Risk Between Cleft Subtypes in the African Population"
- Jifan Feng (USC), "TGF-β Signaling Regulates Pharyngeal Muscle Development via Mediating Cell-cell Interaction"
- Mingyi Zhang (USC), "Arid1b is Indispensable in Regulating Mesenchymal Stem Cell Homeostasis"
This year, we'll be holding a hybrid Community Forum that will be held both remotely and in-person at the Bolger Center in Bethesda, Maryland on Tuesday, June 14th.
There will be invited talks, a forum panel and poster competition. You may also join remotely via Zoom for the main meeting. However, in-person attendees will have access to live Hub demos and workshops before the main meeting and show their posters in the poster hall.
Date and Times
Tuesday, June 14th
|9:00 am to 12:00 pm EDT||Hub mini-bootcamp (in-person only)|
|1:00 pm to 6:00 pm EDT|| Main meeting (in-person and remote)
(Click to view time in your local timezone)
Click here to view the agenda (Updated June 6, 2022)
William F. Bolger Center
Address: 9600 Newbridge Dr, Potomac, MD 20854
Phone: (301) 983-7000
The bulk of the meeting will be available via Zoom so anyone can join from anywhere. Zoom information will be sent upon registration.
This event has passed and registration is no longer available.
In-person attendance options
The cost for staying at the Bolger Center, which includes meals and meeting facility costs, is $249/night. A special booking link will be provided upon registration. Note the due date for the room block has passed. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
If you are local and do not need a hotel room, the day pass costs $119. You will pay at the registration desk that morning.
There is no cost if you are only joining us remotely via Zoom. You will receive the Zoom link after registration.
There will be both in-person and virtual poster presentations this year. Posters will be evaluated by an independent panel and winners will have their poster featured on the FaceBase homepage!
Posters should have some relationship to FaceBase data.
For in-person and remote poster information and requirements, please review this Logistics document.
You may also use the registration form to submit an abstract for the poster session. The deadline to submit your abstract is May 20th. Note the deadline for submitting a poster abstract has passed.
- A .docx template is provided for your convenience.
- Do NOT include figures, tables, or a reference list.
- The maximum title length is 10 words.
- The maximum total length is 250 words.
- Deadline for submitting abstract: May 20th
- Notification of acceptance: June 1st
- For all posters: Upload your poster presentation file: June 9th
- For in-person posters: Set up your poster in the poster hall (room # TBC) between 9:00 am and 12:00 pm EDT.