Instructions for Human Data Access
FaceBase Data fits into one of two broad categories: open and restricted access.
Data in this category is available on the FaceBase website to any interested user and does not require any formal registration other than creating an account (use the 'Sign Up' link at the top of the page). Open-access data is limited to summary-level human data (ex: averaged facial measures), and all non-human data.
Data in this category includes all individual-level human data (ex: demographic descriptors, phenotypic measures, 3D images) and requires the following data access process:
- Complete the FaceBase Data Use Certification Agreement.
- Complete the Data Access Request (DAR) document, and an IRB approval from your institution.
- Submit the Data Use Certification Agreement, DAR, and the IRB approval to the NIH Data Access Committee at dac AT facebase.org
You shall receive an answer from the Data Access Committee within 4-6 weeks
- Once your request is processed, you are notified via email that your user account is approved for human dataset downloads. Note that this permission to download human data expires 180 days after the date of approval.
- After the approval email is sent out, a member of the FaceBase Hub will contact you directly to provide the data securely (ie, you will not download the data directly from the regular website.)
If you have any questions regarding this process or need help with downloads please contact the FaceBase Help Desk via email: help AT facebase.org.
Allow approximately 4-6 weeks for a response. If approved, you have access to the human data for 180 days after the approval date.