How to Submit Data to FaceBase 3
The FaceBase respository is open for data submissions from the craniofacial research community.
Submit your data for review
Please fill out the following form to let us know of your interest in contributing data to our repository. The FaceBase Consortium will review your application and may contact you for more information.
The information we will ask for include:
- Description of the data you would like to submit, including data type and formats
- Approximate size of data
- Does your data contain data derived from human subjects? If so, does it include Personally Identifiable Information (PII)? Is there an NIH-recognized IRB determination available?
- Is this original/raw data? Or a secondary analysis dataset?
Please review the following information about our data policies and priorities:
- Data Access Policies: This page includes important information about our open and restricted policies for data (in brief, data is generally open unless it contains human data with information that could identify subjects. In that case, access is restricted and requires a formal request process.)
- Current Data Priorities: This page describes types of data that have been identified as being particularly desirable for our repository to increase its usefulness to the community.
If your data is derived from human subjects
if any of your data is derived from human subjects, FaceBase will require demonstration that the participants have consented to having their data shared publicly, through controlled access. The submitting institution is required to submit an Institutional Certification verifying this information.
For institutions outside the United States interested in submitting human data, there is an IRB process in place that you can follow.
Uploading your data to the FaceBase respository
This information is for those who have gone through the review process and whose data has been approved for upload to the FaceBase repository.
Use the documentation at the link below to learn how to get editing access, add metadata and upload your files:
If you have questions...
Comments, questions, and requests for help should be emailed here: